This post is basically an update of all the activities in June. We've been having a blast with family and friends this summer! These pictures and stories may not be in order, but I can't really remember what happened in what order, so here you go!
This is a random picture of an elk farm we found in the boondocks of Rexburg on a drive with Heather and Kyle Valentine (Andrew's sister and brother-in-law). They know about so many cool places and we love it when they show us!
One nice weekend we got to go to Mesa Falls and it was super pretty!! I always love it there :)
(This is the lower falls)
This is the group: Me, Andrew, Heidi, Kyle, Heather, and Adam.
This is the classic picture in front of the upper falls ;).
This is an update of our garden. It's even better now, so I'll have to get a newer picture and post it in my next post. :)
I'm so excited that the flowers are so big! They are so beautiful!! And we are getting lots of tomatoes!!! I'm so so excited! I decided that gardening is one of my new favorite hobbies :).
This was at a luau party that Heidi threw at her house for some birthdays and for Father's day. I got sick before from dehydration so Andrew and I were a little late, but it was super fun!
These were the cute decorations that I helped Heidi put it. It was so fun!! (But I think I stayed in the sun a little too long ;) ).
We took family pictures while we had everyone there. It was quite the ordeal :). Here's one of the couples.
This is the siblings! Unfortunately, I didn't get one of the whole family on my camera, but Andrew's mom got lots of pictures so we'll have to get them from her.
This was Father's day party with the Redd family and the Taylor family! This is daddy opening presents. I'm so grateful to have such a wonderful and loving father! He is so patient and good. He is a huge example to me and I love him tons!
This was a cute one of Benjamin and Cami :).
Daddy and my Andrew helping to get dinner ready.
Cute little Samuel :). I just love the nieces and nephews! They are the cutest!
This is a picture of a date Andrew, Adam, Bethany Allen, and I went on. Bethany is a friend I met when we were in the pageant in Nauvoo and we were able to meet up in Salt Lake with her and do a double date! It was a blast! Here's me and my date (Andrew)! ;)
Here's Adam and Bethany. Cute cute :)
For part of the date we went to Liberty Park in Salt Lake and ate lunch and we got to ride on the ferris wheel off the movie "Charly"! It was super fun, except for the part when Andrew and I stopped at the top and Andrew kept tipping the seat and scaring me to death!!! He had a laugh out of it though ;).
Fun ride :)
Cute.
Shortly after this my camera's battery died so I didn't get pictures of all the rest of our activities, but we went to the Beehive house and temple square. Then we stopped at Crown Burgers to eat dinner before we had to part with Bethany. It was so fun to spend time with her!
This is a trip I took to the Great Salt Lake with the lab at ISU where I'm doing my internship. We're quite the interesting group I would have to say, but we had a good time and it was fun to visit the lake for the first time!
This was a part of the lake not many people see, but it's the very very very salty side. This is where we collect samples. We are studying halobacteria and it lives in very high concentrations of salt and is pink. This is why the water is pink! This picture doesn't really do it justice, but the water really was pink.
There were salt crystals everywhere!!!! There were plants and bugs crystallized in it too. This was one of the salt formations we found and I thought it kind of looked like the arches in Utah ;).
Sorry for the long post, but we just wanted to let you know about all our fun activities! We are very blessed and very happy and enjoy our lives :)
Now, I'm stalking YOU on YOUR blog! I never thought the ferris wheel from CHARLY really existed! Super fun times, Andrew + Emma!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Karen
ryankarenduvall.blogspot.com
Hahaha :). Yep it does! I hope wedding plans are going well!
ReplyDeleteso fun! I am glad you are blogging! It has been fun to spend time with you this summer...sad day we will be leaving soon! We will have to keep updated~!
ReplyDelete